Wednesday, May 24, 2006

LightWeight Cross bike #14: Ty's Derosa Cross Carbon



Well, I wasnt going to skip the number 13, but seeing as how Ty didnt need any more bad luck when it came to cross bikes, I did it anyways.

Like the Phoenix being reborn and rising from the ashes, this De Rosa kicks some ass. Nice build Ty.














Frame: Derosa Carbon Cross pro, half carbon, half deda alum.
Fork: Alpha Q cx fork
Headset: Campagnolo record hiddenset
Stem: Deda 26.0 newton
Handlebar: Deda 215 44cm deep belgium drop
cross levers: sniper cx levers
Shifters: Campagnolo Chorus Ergopower 10-speed
Ribbon:salsa rubberized cork grey
Cables: Campagnolo (black)
Front derailleur: -Campagnolo record compact
Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus 10-speed (short cage)
Chain: Campagnolo ultra C-10
Cassette: Campagnolo Record 12-27 titanium
Crankset: FSA KForce cross
Bottom bracket: FSA ceramic mega exo
Brakes: Spooky cantilevers w/ kool stop ceramic pads
Pedals: Crank Bros titanium Candys
Wheels: 2006 Mavic Ksyriums SL tubulars
Tubes: AhHH!! Dugast typhoon Nectar of the gods!!!
Seatpost:Titanium American classic
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR (black)

Ty wrote: "I finally finished the bike, I had to hunt down the dugast like the holy grail! The frame is awesome! Super agile, and responsive, and no braze on water bottle bolts that dig in your shoulder! According to Gian Lucca of Albabici importers you are the distributers of derosa in the usa, says that there are only three of these frames in the usa. I had seen the frame at interbike last year and loved it! I ordered on about four months later and was custom made for my measurements. The wait time was about 4 months which wasnt to bad, but came in the right time after my lobster was crushed! I have another older set of mavic ksyriums with tufo tubular clinchers for training so I dont wear down the "gucci" dugasts!
I bike was around 16.44, but I forgot to put on my sigma bc 1200 computer!
thanks again for the kick ass website! Ty"

Very cool bike, I love some of the detail in that rear carbon stay. Also, the bike is super light without being crazy. Looks like the choice of parts was focused on both lightweight and durability. Nice work!

No comments: