Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Custom Cross Bike #9: Daniel's Kelly



Finally a Kelly for the gallery, surprised this didn't happen sooner. Chris Kelly is a great guy and this bike looks to be great as well. I love bikes with an apparent color theme---and blue is a good color.










Daniels said: "Attached are some pics of my Kelly Knobbie X. I Actually built it up over a year ago, so it is not particularly new anymore - It's been raced one season and is about ready to start up a second.

Here are the highlights
Kelly Knobby X - built with True Temper OX platinum
Kelly Steel Cross Fork
Chris King Headset
Chris King Hubs built on DT RR.1 rims and Hutchinson Pro Tires (using the Stans no tubes system)
Paul Brakes
9spd Ultegra derailers and Shifters
Ritchey WCS stem, cranks and bars.
Easton seatpost and WTB speed v seat.

The bike rides great - I'm really disappointed that Chris Kelly decided to close up shop as his bikes ride like a dream.

If you post my bike in your gallery, I'd love to see it.

btw: I heard you are in PDX - Welcome to town."

Thanks Daniel. I'll be towing the line with this bike this Saturday as the Singlespeeds and Mens B go off within a minute of each other.

If you have a Handmade/Custom Cyclocross bike, email me the photos and build list to plusonelap@gmail.com and I'll post it to +1lap.com


2 comments:

Zoo said...

sweet bike, it's unfortunate that they went under, I believe they sold their last bike a few weeks ago.

Daniel said...

Yeah, I was pretty bummed to hear that Chis was going out of business. I met him back when I was in the planning stages of building this bike. He was in Portland for 'cross nationals in 2005 and I got a chance to chat with him. Anyway, his personality & love of the bikes he made were one of main drivers of me picking this particular bike.

On a side note, days after I sent this picture in, my stans no tubes system failed... I think I am going to rebuild my wheels using the Stans 29r rims though as they are as light as the DTs that they will be replacing.

-Dan