Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Light Cross Bike #28: Jim's BMC



I've always like the look of the BMC Cross machine. Its got those now classic BMC Seat Tube "lugs". Thanks for sending this one in Jim!



BMC Cross Machine CX01

Easton EC90 Fork

Ritchey WCS Carbon Headset

FSA SLK Compact Megaexo 36/46 Cranks & BB

Crank Brothers Egg Beater Pedals

Dura Ace Front and Rear Derailleurs

Dura Ace Chain

Dura Ace 12-25 Cassette

Dura Ace Levers/Shifters

Spooky Brakes w/Ritchey Pads

Mavic Ksyrium ES Rims & Hubs

Maxxis Mimo Larsen Tires

Easton EC 90 Equipe Carbon Bars

Tune (Gold) Stem

Tune (Gold) Seat Post

Selle Italia SLR/XC Saddle

I am not a racer, but enjoy fast recreational rides and never know what type of terrain I am going to ride depending on my mood. So last year I bought my first crosser, an entry level bike from a major manufacturer and while the bike was a blast to ride I wanted something better. After much searching and talking to racers and other riders I decided to purchase the Cross Machine and build it up.

I have been quite impressed with the snappy and lively ride. The bike draws attention from fellow cyclists wherever I go with it as there are not many BMC’s around these parts and the frame design certainly stands apart from anything else out there.

I hope you enjoy my pictures and want you to know that your site was a great help in deciding how to build this bike up. Keep up the great work!!!!

Thanks again Jim! If anyone out there has a sick Cross bike send it to me at plusonelap @ gmail dot com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome bike! I liked this bike so much, I have decided to get one myself! Look out Cyclo cross season 07, here I come!

Ross